We are super excited you are coming to join us for 1-2-1s, classes or workshops. You will have an amazing time and our fabulous trainers will look after you super well. Here are few simple tips for you and your dog to ensure your training with us runs smoothly.
For your Dog:
Bring your dog hungry as they will earn their food during class
Training treats – kibble or high value, non-crumbly treats. Bring extra just in case
Harness & double ended lead
Crate with cover…
A raised bed, or we can loan you one
A mat or large towel to put under your crate or bed
Towel to dry your dog off before coming into the arena
An extra towel… just in case!
Clean toys – if your enjoys play
Event specific items – check the Events page
Your dog – you’d be surprised! 🙂
Indoor shoes for training on the artificial turf
Wellies/suitable outdoor shoes
Waterproofs in case your class is outside
Clothing for toileting your dog
Note book and pen
Write down any question you may have ahead of time!
Lunch/snack if on a full day workshop
Travel Mug – there will be an urn for you to have a hot drink
If your dog will be in your car during summer, please ensure they can stay cool
In winter, bring warm clothes – the arena is not heated!
If you’d like to print out this checklist, go HERE
- If you have a dog that marks or may toilet when working on the Astro Turf, please notify your instructor at the very beginning of your lesson. We will ensure you work in the most suitable area at Bowerland for your dog.
- Please read more tips on keeping your dog comfortable when training at Devon Dogs.
- Most of your training will be in and around our Training Barn, depending on the weather, but take a look at our Astro Turf Rules so that you are aware of the details just in case you have booked agility training which may be on the astro turf.
- Have a look at our Welcome Information for directions and more information about East Bowerland Farm.
- When you arrive please remain in your car and your trainer will come out to meet you.
- If you have any other questions, please check out our FAQ page, or feel free to contact us.