Adolescent Dog Day
March 3 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£85
Adolescent Dogs day!
Okay, so he is young and full of fun (oh yes and challenges too) and we know the struggles for sure!
This day is for you – if your adolescent dog struggles with:
- Getting over excited or worried?
- Travel and the car
- Focus and attention
- Visitors in and out of the house
Or if you struggle to come up with new games for your dog?
We have so much planned – we will cover a multitude of exercises and will be focusing on the skills to develop your young dog into a super star! This day is the perfect opportunity for you to spend a super amount of time with your young dog focusing on the skills that they need to progress in their training and to get them raring to go for your future training and competition goals, whether you are looking to continue with agility, obedience or just want to have fun!
This day is the perfect opportunity for you to spend a super amount of time with your young dog focusing on the skills that they need to progress in their training and to get them raring to go for your future training, pet or competition goals, whether you are looking to continue with agility, obedience or just want to have fun with your well behaved pet dog!
Please bring to the workshop:
- crate and cover that is dark and covers the entire crate
- a harness (front and back clips) and flat collar
- double ended lead
- training treats – we recommend you use your dog’s regular meals but if you need something higher value we suggest dried or hard food making sure that nothing is left on the astro turf
- a notepad and pen
- please dress for the weather, where possible we will work outside
- the session will start with dogs in vehicles
- and…bring copious amounts of happiness and optimism – after all
- you may wish to bring a packed lunch.
You can find a checklist of what to bring with you by following this link.
If you would like to become a Devon Dogs Member, please click here for details.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for useful information on attending training with Devon Dogs.
Please be aware that you may experience difficulties making a payment if you are using a mobile device.
Astro Turf Rules
From January 2019, Devon Dogs will be using a new state-of-the-art astro turf flooring within our training arena.
To keep this fantastic improvement of the Devon Dogs training facilities at its very, very best for the benefit of all of us, we need to follow some super simple rules:
- Outdoor shoes are not to be used in the arena – please bring some indoor shoes to change into.
- Please make sure your dog is dry and clean before entering the arena, particularly their paws. Please also clean off any toys before use.
- Please make sure your dog has toileted outside the arena before entering.
- Please ensure you bring a crate or raised bed, placed on a blanket to catch any missed training treats.