Boundary Games Workshop
February 24 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm£55
What is your biggest struggle with your dog? Is it counter surfing? Barking at the doorbell? Jumping on visitors? Or is it just settling and relaxing in a busy household?
In this workshop we will share with you the secret to mastering these challenges…BOUNDARIES. We will walk you through our top tips and step-by-step games to enable you to master boundaries.
Boundary games build so many concepts including confidence, impulse control and calmness. Boundary games are the secret to many dog training struggles. They make multi-dog households a joy to live in and are great for creating calmness.
The games we will cover in this workshop have endless uses: from calm greetings with visitors, enviable household manners, preventing counter surfing, out and about recall and good lifestyle choices. These games really are the ‘secret sauce’ to your relationship with your dog.
At Devon Dogs we can’t live without boundaries and we are pretty sure that once you have completed this awesome workshop you won’t be able to live without them either!
Once you have signed up to the Boundary Games workshop you will receive a copy of our Boundary Games e-book! You will also receive a copy of the Boundary Games DVD for being part of this awesome workshop and to help you keep up the great work when you get home.
Please bring to the workshop:
- bed (we recommend a raised bed)
- a harness and flat collar
- double ended lead
- training treats – we recommend you use your dog’s regular meals but if you need something higher value we suggest dried or hard food making sure that nothing is left on the astro turf
- a notepad and pen
- please dress for the weather
- the session will start with dogs in vehicles
We are looking forward to having you train with us! To help us ensure you have the best possible training experience, please arrive at the time specified. Devon Dogs is a Centre of Excellence training facility and we want to ensure all class change overs are smooth and easy. For this reason, can you please ensure you and your dog remain in your vehicle until the trainer is present and ready for you.
We understand it is difficult to guess arrival times and we know you will have planned for the unexpected in your journey! Should you arrive a little early we recommend stopping at the Shell Services just off of the A30, only half a mile away from us. There is a Little Waitrose with tea/coffee and lots of healthy (or not so healthy!) snacks and prepared meals as well as toilet facilities. If you wish to go for a short walk, you can access the Granite Way in Sourton
You can find a checklist of what we suggest you bring with you by following this link.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for useful information on attending training with Devon Dogs.
Please be aware that you may experience difficulties making a payment if you are using a mobile device.
Astro Turf Rules
From January 2019, Devon Dogs will be using a new state-of-the-art astro turf flooring within our training arena.
To keep this fantastic improvement of the Devon Dogs training facilities at its very, very best for the benefit of all of us, we need to follow some super simple rules:
- Outdoor shoes are not to be used in the arena – please bring some indoor shoes to change into.
- Please make sure your dog is dry and clean before entering the arena, particularly their paws. Please also clean off any toys before use.
- Please make sure your dog has toileted outside the arena before entering.
- Please ensure you bring a crate or raised bed, placed on a blanket to catch any missed training treats.