Course Running Workshop – Jumping
March 23 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm£45
Come and join us for a morning of course running! Open to those who are new to competition or require some more experience, with the aim to have fun and practice their course running skills.
Please note this is workshop is only suitable for dogs that already able to weave.
We will build, walk and analyse the courses and then you’ll get to run them. Come along and learn, have fun and push your coursework skills in an exciting environment!
Jumping courses consist of jumps, tunnels and weaves (no contact equipment).
Please bring to the workshop:
- a harness and flat collar
- double ended lead
- training treats – we recommend you use your dog’s regular meals but if you need something higher value we suggest dried or hard food making sure that nothing is left on the astro turf
- a notepad and pen
- please dress for the weather
- the session will start with dogs in vehicles
You can find a checklist of what we recommend you bring with you by following this link.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for useful information on attending training with Devon Dogs.
Astro Turf Rules
From January 2019, Devon Dogs will be using a new state-of-the-art astro turf flooring within our training arena.
To keep this fantastic improvement of the Devon Dogs training facilities at its very, very best for the benefit of all of us, we need to follow some super simple rules:
- Outdoor shoes are not to be used in the arena – please bring some indoor shoes to change into.
- Please make sure your dog is dry and clean before entering the arena, particularly their paws. Please also clean off any toys before use.
- Please make sure your dog has toileted outside the arena before entering.
- Please ensure you bring a crate or raised bed, placed on a blanket to catch any missed training treats.