- This event has passed.
Focus on fitness – Foundation & Core Strength
13 August 2021 @ 6:15 pm – 8:15 pm£45.00
We like to move it, move it! Join us for a super workshop focused on your dog’s fitness! We will be holding a series of these workshops through the upcoming months. You can do them all or participate in the individual workshops, there will be something for everyone. Get your dog physically fit with our canine focus on fitness series!
Overall you will learn how to:
- safely warm-up and cool down your dog
- increase body awareness and reduce injury
- understand and improve your dog’s posture
- strengthen targeted muscles
- enhance your dog’s fitness for work, sports, show or a great life as a pet!
In this first workshop we will spotlight:
- Foundation skills to help you with warming up
- Static positions
- Core strength skills and the levels you can work on
- How to assess your dog’s core strength and how to build these
- Static behaviours
These workshops are perfect for any age dog, from 10 week old puppy through to senior. Fitness benefits them all and we will show you how to work appropriately with your dog age and ability. So why not do something fun with your dog that will keep them fit, improve their behaviour and boost your relationship!
If you book all 3 focus on fitness events, you will receive an automatic 10% off of your order.
- Focus on fitness – Foundation & Core Strength – 13 August @ 6:15 pm – 8:15 pm
- Focus on fitness – Front legs and rear legs – 17 September @ 6:15 pm – 8:15 pm
- Focus on fitness – Putting It All Together! – 15 October @ 6:15 pm – 8:15 pm
Devon Dogs Member: £41
Non Member: £45
If you would like to become a Devon Dogs Member, please click here for details. Please be aware that you may experience difficulties making a payment if you are using a mobile device.
We are looking forward to having you train with us! To help us ensure you have the best possible training experience, please arrive at the time specified. Devon Dogs is a Centre of Excellence training facility and we want to ensure all class change overs are smooth and easy. For this reason, can you please ensure you and your dog remain in your vehicle until the trainer is present and ready for you.
We understand it is difficult to guess arrival times and we know you will have planned for the unexpected in your journey! Should you arrive a little early we recommend stopping at the Shell Services just off of the A30, only half a mile away from us. There is a Little Waitrose with tea/coffee and lots of healthy (or not so healthy!) snacks and prepared meals as well as toilet facilities. If you wish to go for a short walk, you can access the Granite Way in Sourton
To get the best out of your training with us, please review this **awesome link** that includes what to bring for training, what you need if you are training in Bowerland Arena plus some helpful tips.