- This event has passed.
Naughty But Nice Intensive Training – 1 space
October 13, 2017 @ 10:00 am - October 16, 2017 @ 4:00 pm£100 – £295
Does your dog bark uncontrollably at the post man? Does your dog spin and lunge on the lead? Or is your dog rather friendly but over exuberant? Does your dog find some people or situations rather stressful? Do you feel out of control whilst walking your dog in public? Are you concerned about what people might think? Stop right there, help is at hand!
This training is aimed to give you confidence! Strategies for reactivity will be the focus of these few days. We will work with all dogs and temperaments and suggest appropriate sessions for your dog. This may include the use of trained stooge dogs and people to work around the issues we will be tackling. We will work with dogs on and off lead as appropriate. We will educate and work with your dog as well as boosting your skills as a handler to the max!
- tackle issues on lead with reactivity or anxiety
- cover counter conditioning games
- go on social walks on and off site
- look at emergency downs and management techniques
- cover recall and relationship alongside real life situations
- look at calming signals and strategies
- use trained stooges where appropriate
- look at games and strategies to exercise your dogs safely
- tackle livestock strategies
- look at play and social skills
- consider and practice good exercise strategies
- cover predatory eye-stalk patterns and how they get dogs in trouble!
- cover confidence strategies
- cover protection and resource guarding scenarios
We will start on Day 1 at Bridestowe Village Hall and have planned an exciting 4 days including putting the games and strategies into practice in a few different locations. We welcome you to video and take notes for your own purposes only.
What to bring:
Cover that is dark and covers the whole crate
Food – bring plenty and bring a variety
Harness / head collar
Bed or mat for when out of the crate
Somewhere secure for your dog to be in the vehicle if needed.
This workshop covers theory and practical. We will split you into a minimum of three working groups meaning you will have ample time with your dog developing your confidence and skills. We also strongly believe in learning through observation and splitting up into groups will ensure you can see other dogs working while your dog has a rest.
We will provide lunch for the four days as well as tea, coffee and biscuits. Please bring your own thermos mug. If you do require anything else to supplement your day please bring your own.
To cover the cost of catering and refreshment requirements we ask that any spectators pay a fee. This includes the added benefits from the materials and learning.
Non members – £295
Members – £265
Spectator – £100
Please contact the office for recommendations on local dog friendly accommodation and visit our FAQ webpage where we have lots of helpful information about attending training with us.