Scent for NBN DOGS
April 20 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£85
Are you looking for fun new games to play with your Naughty but Nice dog? Games you can play at home, in the garden or out and about? We have a superb workshop that will get your dog’s nose working and allow your dog to relieve some of their frustration and learn in both an optimistic and fun way together with you their handler!
Teaching any dog to search, especially Naughty but Nice dogs, is amazing for their resilience, optimism and problem solving ability and it is all thanks to the hormone dopamine! This is a ‘feel good’ hormone released in your dog’s brain when searching…so needless to say we LOVE search work for our own NBN dogs and we know that you will love it too!
Join us for an amazing day dedicated to teaching your dog to use his/her nose! We will cover:
✅teaching your dog to search
✅pairing a scent with food/toy
✅searching for a specific scent
✅indicating when searching
✅all tailor made to your own dog
✅and so much more!
Before you attend this day we highly recommend you have been to one of our NBN Intense three day workshops, an NBN day, an NBN package or holiday or a 1-2-1 session!
We cannot wait to see how the power of scent can help you and your NBN dog!
Please bring to the workshop:
- a harness and flat collar
- double ended lead
- training treats – we recommend you use your dog’s regular meals but if you need something higher value we suggest dried or hard food making sure that nothing is left on the astro turf
- a notepad and pen
- please dress for the weather, where possible we will work outside
- the session will start with dogs in vehicles and we encourage dogs to rest in vehicles in between sessions
- we have raised beds onsite that can be borrowed
- you may wish to bring a packed lunch
We are looking forward to having you train with us! To help us ensure you have the best possible training experience, please arrive at the time specified. Devon Dogs is a Centre of Excellence training facility and we want to ensure all class change overs are smooth and easy. For this reason, can you please ensure you and your dog remain in your vehicle until the trainer is present and ready for you.
We understand it is difficult to guess arrival times and we know you will have planned for the unexpected in your journey! Should you arrive a little early we recommend stopping at the Shell Services just off of the A30, only half a mile away from us. There is a Little Waitrose with tea/coffee and lots of healthy (or not so healthy!) snacks and prepared meals as well as toilet facilities. If you wish to go for a short walk, you can access the Granite Way in Sourton
You can find a checklist of what we suggest you bring with you by following this link.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for useful information on attending training with Devon Dogs.
Please be aware that you may experience difficulties making a payment if you are using a mobile device.
Astro Turf Rules
From January 2019, Devon Dogs will be using a new state-of-the-art astro turf flooring within our training arena.
To keep this fantastic improvement of the Devon Dogs training facilities at its very, very best for the benefit of all of us, we need to follow some super simple rules:
- Outdoor shoes are not to be used in the arena – please bring some indoor shoes to change into.
- Please make sure your dog is dry and clean before entering the arena, particularly their paws. Please also clean off any toys before use.
- Please make sure your dog has toileted outside the arena before entering.
- Please ensure you bring a crate or raised bed, placed on a blanket to catch any missed training treats.