- This event has passed.
Scent Workshop With Kay Allen
February 17 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm£85
Would you like to teach your dog how to track? Or how to discriminate between different scents. Every dog has the ability to be able to become a K9 detective.
This is a practical workshop that will teach you and your dog how to have fun with nosework.
We will be covering basic search skills to more advanced discrimination between smells.
Come along and let’s get those dogs’ noses working.
Kay Allen has vast experience and has taught obedience at TOP level for many years.
Please bring to the workshop:
- crate and cover that is dark and covers the entire crate
- a harness and flat collar
- double ended lead
- training treats, this includes kibble plus higher value treats and visible treats such as cheese, sausage, liver, chicken
- a notepad and pen
- please dress for the weather, we may work outside
- the session will start with dogs in vehicles
You can find a checklist of what we suggest you bring with you by following this link.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for useful information on attending training with Devon Dogs.
This workshop is being held at Newhall Farm. There are no facilities on site for hot drinks or food, you may wish to bring tea/coffee and a packed lunch/snacks. Killerton House and Garden Cafe is a few miles past Newhall Farm.
Please follow direction which can be found by following this link.