- This event has passed.
January 27 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£85
Please note this day is appropriate for anyone with a Spaniel or any of their crosses.
Sharing your life with a Spaniel is a privilege, and to have such beautiful dogs in our home is a pleasure to be enjoyed every day as anyone who has a Spaniel knows, and if we can approach that life together with targeted knowledge then you can have even more fun.
We will be looking at Understanding your Spaniel and how to become a better expert of the breed. As happy-go-lucky hunters and great companions, Spaniels certainly have their quirks! Get the know them and how best to train them using these qualities not battling against them.
Join us on this really informative day and see the world through the eyes of your Spaniel.
Do you work with or train Spaniels or their crosses? This day will really help you understand this amazing breed.
Please bring to the workshop:
- a harness (front and back clips) and flat collar
- double ended lead
- training treats – we recommend you use your dog’s regular meals but if you need something higher value we suggest dried or hard food making sure that nothing is left on the astro turf
- a notepad and pen
- please dress for the weather, where possible we will work outside
- the session will start with dogs in vehicles
- you may wish to bring a packed lunch.
You can find a checklist of what to bring with you by following this link.
If you would like to become a Devon Dogs Member, please click here for details.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for useful information on attending training with Devon Dogs.
Please be aware that you may experience difficulties making a payment if you are using a mobile device.
Astro Turf Rules
From January 2019, Devon Dogs will be using a new state-of-the-art astro turf flooring within our training arena.
To keep this fantastic improvement of the Devon Dogs training facilities at its very, very best for the benefit of all of us, we need to follow some super simple rules:
- Outdoor shoes are not to be used in the arena – please bring some indoor shoes to change into.
- Please make sure your dog is dry and clean before entering the arena, particularly their paws. Please also clean off any toys before use.
- Please make sure your dog has toileted outside the arena before entering.
- Please ensure you bring a crate or raised bed, placed on a blanket to catch any missed training treats.
7 people are attending Spaniel Day