- This event has passed.
TTouch for Naughty but Nice and Anxious Dogs – 2-day Workshop
October 5 @ 9:00 am - October 6 @ 5:00 pm£100 – £200
Calling all owners with Naughty But Nice Dogs! This is a 2-day Tellington TTouch Workshop designed for you!
Does your dog need to grow calmness and learn to relax? Is your dog anxious, worried, reactive? This workshop will cover the following:
- How we observe our dogs, a basic understanding of dog body language and understanding the effects of coat patterns in dogs and and what it means when we see unusual coat pattern changes.
- We will learn about tension patterns in dogs and how we can use TTouch to release tension and looking at the link between posture and behaviour.
- How TTouch can be a great tool to add to the Naughty But Nice Training programme and how we use TTouch to lower dogs arousal and even bring dogs down from threshold.
- Understanding and learning Tellington TTouch bodywork. You will learn a number of the touches and have time to practice on other participants as well as on dogs.
- Understanding and using body wraps and calming coats and how they can help dogs focus and relax. We will discuss how these tools will have an effect of the dogs nervous system.
- Groundwork, we will explore how groundwork can help dogs to make positive choices and teach them to move slowly in balance.
- Stopping dogs pulling, using the TTouch leading techniques we will look at how to teach dogs to walk in their own balance without pulling on the lead.
Tea/coffee will be provided. Please bring lunch/snacks and a mug with you.
Training provided by Alex Wilson from Xtra Dog http://www.xtradog.training
We are looking forward to having you train with us! To help us ensure you have the best possible training experience, please arrive at the time specified. Devon Dogs is a Centre of Excellence training facility and we want to ensure all class change overs are smooth and easy. For this reason, can you please ensure you and your dog remain in your vehicle until the trainer is present and ready for you.
We understand it is difficult to guess arrival times and we know you will have planned for the unexpected in your journey! Should you arrive a little early we recommend stopping at the Shell Services just off of the A30, only half a mile away from us. There is a Little Waitrose with tea/coffee and lots of healthy (or not so healthy!) snacks and prepared meals as well as toilet facilities. If you wish to go for a short walk, you can access the Granite Way in Sourton
To get the best out of your training with us, please review this **awesome link** that includes what to bring for training, what you need if you are training in Bowerland Arena plus some helpful tips.
Please be aware that you may experience difficulties making a payment if you are using a mobile device.