Young Dog Agility Day
March 16 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£85
This workshop is for the young agility dog, from 3 months right up to 2 years old. We have so much planned, much more than what we can write here! We will cover a multitude of exercises and will be focusing on the skills to develop your young dog into a super star sports dog.
Skills we will be looking at could include some of the following areas:
- Foundation, Flatwork and Fun
- Focus Fury
- Body Awareness
- Confidence, Speed and Motivation
- Foundation Handling
- Groovy Games for Contacts
- Obstacle Value, Focus, Independence and Confidence
- Jump Skills, Drill and Grids
- Turbo Tunnelers
- Crate Games
This day is the perfect opportunity for you to spend a super amount of time with your young dog focusing on the skills that they need to progress in their training and to get them raring to go for your future training and competition goals.
Please bring to the workshop:
- a harness and flat collar; if you use a head collar, please bring this
- double ended lead
- toys, if used as a reward
- training treats – we recommend you use your dog’s regular meals but if you need something higher value we suggest dried or hard food making sure that nothing is left on the astro turf
- a notepad and pen
- please dress for the weather
- the session will start with dogs in vehicles
- You may wish to bring a packed lunch.
We are looking forward to having you train with us! To help us ensure you have the best possible training experience, please arrive at the time specified. Devon Dogs is a Centre of Excellence training facility and we want to ensure all class change overs are smooth and easy. For this reason, can you please ensure you and your dog remain in your vehicle until the trainer is present and ready for you.
We understand it is difficult to guess arrival times and we know you will have planned for the unexpected in your journey! Should you arrive a little early we recommend stopping at the Shell Services just off of the A30, only half a mile away from us. There is a Little Waitrose with tea/coffee and lots of healthy (or not so healthy!) snacks and prepared meals as well as toilet facilities. If you wish to go for a short walk, you can access the Granite Way in Sourton
You can find a checklist of what we suggest you bring with you by following this link.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for useful information on attending training with Devon Dogs.
Please be aware that you may experience difficulties making a payment if you are using a mobile device.
Astro Turf Rules
From January 2019, Devon Dogs will be using a new state-of-the-art astro turf flooring within our training arena.
To keep this fantastic improvement of the Devon Dogs training facilities at its very, very best for the benefit of all of us, we need to follow some super simple rules:
- Outdoor shoes are not to be used in the arena – please bring some indoor shoes to change into.
- Please make sure your dog is dry and clean before entering the arena, particularly their paws. Please also clean off any toys before use.
- Please make sure your dog has toileted outside the arena before entering.
- Please ensure you bring a crate or raised bed, placed on a blanket to catch any missed training treats.