There are a few things we’d like to make sure you know about so you can get the best out of your training session:
- Please bring a hungry dog to your session, Devon Dog’s training is based on positive reinforcement and we use food as a reward during training sessions. Bring the kibble you would feed your dog in the meal before your session. So, if you have a morning 1-2-1 then bring your dog’s breakfast, whereas if you have an evening 1-2-1 then bring your dog’s dinner.
- Your dog can have light exercise ahead of your 1-2-1, so a brief walk. The training session will be a good workout for your dog – physically and mentally.
- As well as your dog’s kibble, please bring a variety of treats (cheese, ham, sausage, chicken) including high value treats such as dried liver or heart – anything that you know your dog absolutely loves – think human food!
- Bring a toy that your dog loves to play with, you can find some ideas at Tug-E-Nuff
- Bring a bed to your training session, if you have one, these really help out sessions – HiK9 have some great beds!
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the start of your lesson. Upon arrival, park as close to the training arena as possible and wait in your car for your trainer to come to you.
- Please note that 1-2-1s are for a maximum of two people only.