I’m coming for training… what do I need to do or bring?
We are super excited you are coming to join us for 1-2-1s, classes or workshops. You will have an amazing time and our fabulous trainers will look after you super well. Here are few simple tips for you and your dog to ensure your training with us runs smoothly.
For your Dog:
- Bring your dog hungry as they will earn their food during class
- Training treats – kibble or high value, non-crumbly treats. Bring extra just in case
- Water Bowl
- Harness & double ended lead
- Crate with cover…
- A raised bed, or we can loan you one
- A mat or large towel to put under your crate or bed
- Towel to dry your dog off before coming into the arena
- An extra towel… just in case!
- Clean toys – if your enjoys play
- Event specific items – check the Events page
- Your dog – you’d be surprised! 🙂
- Indoor shoes for training on the artificial turf
- Wellies or suitable outdoor shoes Waterproofs in case your class is outside
- Clothing for toileting your dog
- Note book and pen
- Write down any question you may have ahead of time
- Lunch/snack if on a full day workshop
- Travel Mug – there will be an urn for you to have a hot drink
- If your dog will be in your car during summer, please ensure they can stay cool
- In winter, bring warm clothes – the arena is not heated!
- If you’d like to print out this checklist, go HERE
- If you have a dog that marks or may toilet when working on the Astro Turf, please notify your instructor at the very beginning of your lesson. We will ensure you work in the most suitable area at Bowerland for your dog.
- Please read more tips on keeping your dog comfortable when training at Devon Dogs.
- Most of your training will be in and around our Training Barn, depending on the weather, but take a look at our Astro Turf Rules so that you are aware of the details just in case you have booked agility training which may be on the astro turf.
- Have a look at our Welcome Information for directions and more information about East Bowerland Farm.
- When you arrive please remain in your car and your trainer will come out to meet you.
- If you have any other questions, please check out our FAQ page, or feel free to contact us.